Welcome to the Computer Security Wiki
The wiki about computer security that anyone can edit!
We currently have 158 articles since January 27, 2009
Edits are going to Malware Wiki due to inactivity.
This month's featured article
Rogue security software are software that appears to be beneficial from a security perspective but provides limited or no security, generates erroneous or misleading alerts, or attempts to lure users into participating in fraudulent transactions.
Most rogue programs state that they are legitimate applications, but are typically clones of other lackluster products repackaged under new names and graphics. Most rogue programs also use highly aggressive sales tactics which include adware, Trojans that display fake security alerts, or claims that they have won awards from major publications and companies. What it all boils down to, though, is that these types of programs are either deliberately deceptive or displaying numerous false positives in order to convince you to purchase their software. This is because the single most important thing to the creators of rogue software, is to sell as many copies as they can. That means that the people, or affiliates, who are selling this software can do so by any means. This ultimately leads to deceptive advertising and the use of malware to sell the software.
- Feb 10, 2009 - New Squidoo Lens
- I have created a new Squidoo lens for the Computer Security Wiki. Check it out!
- Feb 04, 2009 - Computer Security Wiki is finally open!
- I have finished making all of the necessary templates. Users can begin to create new articles.
- Jan 27, 2009 - Computer Security Wiki is open for business!
- The Computer Security Wiki is now open. However, most of the site is still under construction.
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
- Not sure where to start?
- Find out more about us on the About page.
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial, and see Help:Contents.
- Adding content
- We have two lists of articles that need help called "Stubs" and "Wanted Articles" that need to be worked on. Don't be shy, get in there.
- We also have a list of articles copied from Wikipedia. You can help us by adding more information, replacing the text from Wikipedia and/or rephrasing the existing information.
- Uploading images is another really easy way to help out - see the Special:Upload page!
- You can find a list of useful templates on Category:Templates, some of which are documented on the templates project page.
- Talk and more...
Articles (view all pages)