Though this image is subject to copyright, its use is covered by the U.S. fair use laws because:
- It illustrates an educational article about the entity that the logo represents.
- The image is used as the primary means of visual identification of the article topic.
- It is a low resolution image, and thus not suitable for production of counterfeit goods.
- The logo is not used in such a way that a reader would be confused into believing that the article is written or authorized by the owner of the logo.
- It is not replaceable with an uncopyrighted or freely copyrighted image of comparable educational value.
|This is a logo of an organization, item, or event, and is protected by copyright and/or trademark. It is believed that the use of low-resolution images on Wikia, hosted on servers in the United States, of logos for certain uses involving identification and critical commentary may qualify as fair use under United States copyright law. Any other uses of this image, on Wikia or elsewhere, may be copyright infringement. Certain commercial use of this image may also be trademark infringement.
To the uploader: This tag is not a sufficient on its own. You must also include the source of the work, all available copyright information, and a detailed non-free use rationale.
Use of the logo here does not imply endorsement of the organization by Wikia, nor vice versa.
Appears on these pages
McAfee VirusScan is a popular antivirus program created and maintained by McAfee, formerly known...
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||15:34, February 15, 2009||117 × 31 (2 KB)||Artyfowl||Though this image is subject to copyright, its use is covered by the U.S. fair use laws because: # It illustrates an educational article about the entity that the logo represents. # The image is used as the primary means of visual identification of the ar|